Thursday, January 15, 2009

Let's Talk About Sex, Bay-Bee (?)


I really did have a moral dilemma about this. I'm still not 100% sure I should even be writing about it.


I mean, listen, I know the tone of blogs in general - and this one in particular - is typically snarky and malicious. Believe me, I get that. If you can be a clever enough asshole, more people will laugh at your stuff. And more people will read your stuff. And in some tech-nerdy, silly ass, one-step-below-Star-Trek-fanaticism way, the guy who writes these pointed little malicious "web logs" gets some type of satisfaction out of that.


But even I have reservations about going after somebody's family. So I wouldn't just flippantly spout off about the fact that Kimber Kennedy is taking Mohammed Akbar "Gotta" Jiddou to court because her husband, Andy, presumably can't get it up unless I had good reason.


And that reasoning is sound: Why would somebody publicly air their bedroom, um, shortcomings? Because they are trying to play bluff with a poor immigrant so he'll drop his lawsuit against their husband, that's why. If you think Kimber's lawsuit has anything to do with trying to recuperate some sort of damages from not getting any, then I've got some prime snow skiing property in Greenwood I'd like to sell you. Seriously, not only is this phony ass law suit low class, it's also ridiculously stupid. I mean, I'm no lawyer, but I'm sure there's a less embarassing claim to make - if you're just making shit up anyway - than "Oh, we're not bustin guts enough since you accused my husband of calling you Saddam Hussein."


I love Ole Miss. Love her. But I'm almost envious of student section rowdies at other SEC schools this season. Coming up with clever ways to rip on AK is going to be easier than shooting fish in a barrel.

3 comments:

cjobe said...

That's not what "Loss of Consortium" means. It's a term used in Tort law that is general and refers to a loss of some type of role within a family or relationship. It could be as simple as claiming your husband is distracted by a lawsuit and can't spend time with the kids, etc. It's actually a legit tort claim and has nothing to do with sexual impotence. One could use sexual impotence as a basis for the claim, but it rarely happens.

Anonymous said...

Tell it to Rick's Rowdies. Or Mark's Madness (Bama).

cottonfieldsgivemeanerection said...

I got some timber for kimber.